To provide and promote literacy education in English to adults in Kenosha County with the assistance of trained volunteers.
To help KLC's adult learners develop into literate citizens who are performing at their highest potential and contributing to their communities.
The Kenosha Literacy Council offers a wide range of services that help adults acquire the literacy skills they need to become successful students, workers, family members and community citizens:
- Teach basic reading and math skills to adults.
- Conduct English language classes for immigrants and refugees.
- Offer citizenship preparation classes.
- Provide support and guidance for GED testing.
- Recruit and train volunteer tutors.
- Provides ongoing support and resources for volunteer tutors.
- Help learners access additional education services at Gateway Technical College (GTC).
- Collaborate with other literacy providers in the community.
Hundreds of students benefit from these services every year. When students gain the tools that allow them to build fuller lives, all Kenoshans benefit including volunteers, employers, co-workers, neighbors and community leaders. To learn more about our programs, continue browsing our Web site, call us, or visit our office.