- Become a Tutor
- Become a Learner
- About Us
- What is Literacy?
- Literacy Services
- Tutor Resources
2012 Student Anthology (419kb).
One-on-One Tutors please download a copy of KLC’s Progress Report (71kb).
- This report is due by the 10th of each month to the Program Director.
- Once you have filled out the report it can be mailed or faxed to the Literacy Council.
- You can also attach the completed report to an email.
- Click here to view the Program Guidelines for Drop-In Tutors (15kb)
- Click here to view the Program Guidelines for One-on One Tutors (14kb)
The Kenosha Literacy Council has many educational materials available. All resources may be used at the Kenosha Literacy Council during normal office hours or many are available for checkout.
For assistance finding resources on a specific topic or problem area please ask the Volunteer Coordinators or Program Director.
A list of some of the most commonly used materials at the Literacy Council is available.
Having a plan for each session with your student is very important. Take a moment to read this Quick Guide to Lesson Plans.
- Download Kenosha Literacy Council’s Lesson Plan Form - 1 (45kb)
- Download Kenosha Literacy Council’s Lesson Plan Form - 2 (42kb)
Graphic organizers are tools that help students visually connect their thoughts and organize important information. There are many different types of graphic organizers to use for reading, writing, math and more.
The graphic organizers below are available for you to print and use with your student.
Learn more about using graphic organizers by completing the free online course “Graphic Organizers: Tools for Instructors and Students”